Android 11 is the latest edition of the Android operating system, this new OS is mainly focused on three users experience aspects – People, Controls for connected devices, and more privacy features for better security.
On June 10, Google officially launched the first beta of Android 11 and also revealed its features and improvements over Android 10. Check below for Android 11 Features and release date.
Android 11 Features:
- Built-in screen recorder: Android 11 first Developer preview brings a built-in screen recorder.
- Notification History: You can now check the history of your notifications, showing a recently dismissed section at the top followed by three notification and the time they came in. You’ll also have other new ways to compose messages, including new features to attach images right from the notification panel.
- Dark Mode Scheduling: With Android 10, Google introduced a system-wide dark mode theme for its smartphones and now the company is going a step further by introducing Dark Mode scheduling on “Auto” and “Custom” timespans.
- Bubbles: Debuted with Android 10, the Bubble feature now supports third-party messaging apps including Telegram and WhatsApp.
- App pinning: Android 11 brings back the app pinning feature with up to 4 apps in default.
- Mute notifications during video: Android 11 will let you mute notifications while you’re recording video.
- One time permission: Android 11 lets you approve temporary access through one-time permission and apps will need to request permission again for the next access.
- Airplane mode will no interrupt Bluetooth: Android 11, Bluetooth stays connected when the phone is on airplane mode.
- Scrollable screenshots: Google will bring the scrollable screenshot option to Android in the upcoming builds.
- Touch sensitivity: Android 11 brings the option that increases the sensitivity of your touchscreen in cases of using a screen protector.
- More on Project Mainline: Project mainline gives users the ability to update parts of Android right through the Play Store. In Android 11, Google added 12 new updatable modules (parts), for a total of 22 modules that can be updated directly.
Android 11 Beta 1 Features:
June 11, 2020: Android 11 Beta 1 Feature
Android 11 Timeline, milestones, and updates:
Android 11 timeline
The Android 11 Developer Preview program runs from February 2020 until the final public release to Android Open Source Project (AOSP) and OEMs, planned for Q3 2020.
February: Developer Preview 1 – Early baseline build focused on developer feedback, with new features, APIs, and behavior changes.
March: Developer Preview 2 – Incremental update with additional features, APIs, and behavior changes.
April: Developer Preview 3 – Incremental update for stability and performance.
May: Developer Preview 4 – Incremental update for stability and performance.
June: Beta 1 – Initial beta-quality release, over-the-air update to early adopters who enroll in Android Beta.
July: Beta 2 – Platform Stability milestone. Final APIs and behaviors. Play publishing opens.
August: Beta 3 – Release candidate build.
Q3: Final release – Android 11 release to AOSP and ecosystem.
Note: This article will be updated continuously.
Android 11 Beta
This article originally appeared on https://www.huaweicentral.com/android-11-everything-you-need-to-know/