Open the Spotify app from your smartphone, desktop, or tablet. Make sure they and your Chromecast device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Next, choose a song to play, select Devices, and select your preferred Chromecast device.
How to Chromecast Spotify
First, make sure you have set up Chromecast correctly. Next, open Spotify on your smartphone, tablet, or desktop, and ensure that your device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast. Next, select something to play.
Click on the Devices icon. It will be in the bottom-left corner for mobile or in the bottom-right corner on the desktop app.
Adam Birney / Android Authority
Devices with Chromecast will be listed with the Google Cast icon underneath them, as you can see enlarged in the photo above. So there you go — you’ve Chromecasted Spotify successfully. If cast to a TV, your music should start playing on the big screen after a few seconds. You’ll then be able to control the music from your smartphone or desktop remotely.
Please note that if you’re using Android 12, you won’t be able to adjust the volume controls from a smartphone. Instead, you’ll have to fish your TV remote out of your couch’s crevices to adjust the volume. Learn more about the legal dispute here.
Read more: The best media streaming devices you can buy
Why won’t my Spotify connect to Chromecast TV?
Here are some troubleshooting options if Spotify isn’t connecting to Chromecast:
- Make sure your TV is connected to the internet
- Check your TV app store for any updates to the Spotify app
- Check your TV’s software is up-to-date
- Try restarting the Spotify app
- Restart your TV
- Restart your Wi-Fi
- Delete the Spotify app, then reinstall it onto your TV
- If possible, try a different Wi-Fi connection
Why is a Chromecast audio device not showing in Spotify?
If a Chromecast device other than a TV isn’t showing up in the Spotify app’s list of available devices, you may need to try connecting via the Chrome web browser. For whatever reason, Google tends to have an easier time recognizing services within its ecosystem.
- Launch the Chrome web browser from your desktop.
- Next, go to the Spotify web player, Log in and play a song.
- Cast this song through the Chrome web browser to your Chromecast audio device.
- Next, open the Spotify app on Android or iOS.
- You should now see your Chromecast in the list of available devices.
- Close the Spotify web browser, and continue using the Spotify mobile app.
Can Spotify Chromecast from Android and iOS?
Yes, the Spotify mobile app for Android and iOS can connect to compatible Chromecast devices.
This article originally appeared on https://www.androidauthority.com/how-to-chromecast-spotify-3093229/