Samsung introduced the official version of Android 12 based One UI 4.0 software system on November 15, 2021. At the same time, the company has started to release this major update to the Galaxy S21 series. Well, here, we are talking about eligible devices and the release date of the next One UI version which will be the One UI 4.1.
One UI 4.1 Release Date – March 15
Samsung has officially launched the Galaxy S22 smartphone lineup on February 9, 2022. At the same time, the company has showcased the new Android 12-based One UI 4.1, which exclusively comes pre-installed with the new smartphone lineup.
Update: Samsung has now officially announced the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 update rollout for various Galaxy devices. Read more here
One UI 4.1 Eligible Devices
The Galaxy S22 series comes pre-installed with the latest Android 12-based One UI 4.1 software system, however, the company will soon expand the availability of this new One UI variant to more Galaxy phones and tablets in the next few weeks.
Samsung Galaxy S Series:
- Galaxy S22 5G, Galaxy S22+ 5G, and Galaxy S22 Ultra [Pre-installed]
- Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, and Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G [Receiving]
- Galaxy S20, Galaxy S20+ and Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
- Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy S20 FE 5G and Galaxy S20 FE 5G UW
- Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10+, Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10e, and Galaxy S10 Lite
Samsung Galaxy Note Series:
- Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra [Receiving]
- Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Galaxy Note 10 5G and Galaxy Note 10 Lite
Samsung Galaxy Z Series:
- Galaxy Z Fold 3 5G and Galaxy Z Flip 3 5G [Receiving]
- Galaxy Z Fold 2
- Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Flip 5G
- Galaxy Fold and Galaxy Fold 5G
- These devices may directly get One UI 4.1 with Android 12 update – Check here
Update – March 15
Below, you can check the list of Samsung devices that will be officially getting the One UI 4.1 update.
- Galaxy S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 Ultra 5G and S21 FE 5G.
- Galaxy S20, S20+, S20 Ultra, S20 FE 5G.
- Galaxy Z Fold2 5G, Fold 5G, Fold.
- Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Z Flip.
- Galaxy Note 20, Note 20 Ultra
- Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Note 10+.
- Galaxy S10e, S10, S10+, S10 5G.
One UI 4.1 Features
Similarly, One UI 4.1 could add some polish to One UI 4.0 once it debuts with the Galaxy S22 series in February. We’re hoping for things like better virtual RAM management, better wallpaper-based color theme integration with Google apps, and more.
As the One UI 4.1 is a minor upgraded version over the One UI 4.0, which was introduced along with the Galaxy S22 series.
First of all, the One UI 4.1 Galaxy Experience Film begins with introducing the improved customization capabilities and usability across Samsung devices. While the One UI 4.0 already brings better interface customization as per the user’s choice, the One UI 4.1 takes the experience to the next level.
New Camera features
The Galaxy S22 series phones are said to highlight major Camera improvements for low light and night photography, thanks to even optimized hardware and software. Accordingly, the One UI 4.1 embeds enhancements to the native Camera app with a new feature – “Tap, Hold & Swipe” to lock video recording.
Pro Mode, optimized Camera with social platforms
One UI 4.1 extends the Pro Mode support on each Camera lens available on the Galaxy smartphone along with further improving the features and making them easier to use. Moreover, the phone’s photography features now work with in-app Cameras of Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok.
Gallery access via One Drive
Aside from this, the One UI 4.1 lets Galaxy owners access the Gallery’s images and videos across devices, thanks to Samsung-Microsoft collaboration on One Drive.
One UI Tab 4
Just like the One UI Watch 3 operating system, Samsung debuted the One UI Tab 4 for its large screen devices such as the Galaxy Tabs. This software is likely to be based on Google’s upcoming Android 12L operating system for tablets and foldables, offering a better user experience with added productivity.
[March 15] One UI 4.1 Camera Features
Samsung is going to provide several Camera features directly from the Galaxy S22 flagship series. The upcoming features are night portrait, pet recognition, lighting position editing, telephoto portrait mode, Director’s View, and an improved yet clean Camera UI.
- Night Portrait: Galaxy S21, S20, Note 20, Z Fold 2, Z Fold 3, Z Flip 5G, and Z Flip 3.
- Pet recognition: Galaxy S21, S21 FE, S20 FE, Note 20, Z Fold 2, Z Fold 3, Z Flip 5G, and Z Flip 3.
- Lighting position editing: Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 FE, Galaxy S20 FE, Galaxy Z Fold 2, Galaxy Z Fold 3, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Flip 3.
- Telephoto portrait video: Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21 FE, Galaxy Z Fold 3.
- Enhanced Director’s View: Galaxy S21, Galaxy Z Flip 3, Galaxy Z Fold 3.
- Integrated Snapchat: Galaxy S21.
[March 15] Official One UI 4.1 Features
Samsung claims the latest One UI 4.1 update will give you several tools to express yourself in your own way from dynamic camera and photo editing features to a Grammarly-powered keyboard. Moreover, the new version further enhances the capabilities of some existing features that are as follows:
- Google Duo Live Sharing
- Expert RAW
- Object Eraser
- Quick Share
- Grammarly-Powered Keyboard
- Customizable RAM Plus
Get notified –
Aside from SammyFans’ official Twitter and Facebook page, you can also join our Telegram channel and subscribe to our YouTube channel to get notified of every latest development in Samsung and One UI ecosystem. Also, you can follow us on Google News for regular updates.
One UI 4.1 Latest News
March 29, 2022
- Samsung has started releasing One UI 4.1 based on Android 12 for Galaxy F62 smartphones in India. This major update brings several new features and improvements over its predecessor UI for a smoother experience.
March 28, 2022
- Samsung has started rolling out the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 update for Galaxy A51 smartphone users. This is the first Android 12 update for the device as the Galaxy A51 has jumped straight to One UI 4.1, bypassing One UI 4.0.
March 28, 2022
- Samsung began rolling out the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 update for the Galaxy M52 5G smartphone users in India. This is the first Android 12 update for the device as skipping One UI 4.0, Galaxy M52 has directly jumped to One UI 4.1.
March 19, 2022
- T-Mobile has started releasing the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 update to the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+ and Galaxy S21 Ultra devices in the US. The update brings various new features as well as a new security patch for a better overall user experience.
March 18, 2022
- While the Galaxy S21 series devices have just started getting the One UI 4.1 update, Samsung is now expanding it to more devices i.e. the Galaxy Note 20 series. The update is initially released in Switzerland, while expected to be available in more regions soon.
March 15, 2022
- The Korean tech giant is now releasing the latest One UI 4.1 features and changes to the Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, and Galaxy S21 Ultra devices in Canada and Germany.
March 15, 2022
- Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 and Galaxy Z Flip 3 foldable smartphones are now getting the One UI 4.1 features and changes over the air. Check new features
March 15, 2022
- Samsung has now officially announced the One UI 4.1 update rollout for various older Galaxy devices. Read more here
March 15, 2022
- A Samsung community moderator revealed some of the new Galaxy S22 Camera features that are coming to several older flagship Galaxy devices with the One UI 4.1 update.
March 05, 2022
- Fido, a Canadian network carrier, just confirmed that the Samsung Galaxy S21, Galaxy S21+, Galaxy S21 Ultra, and Galaxy S21 FE smartphones will start receiving the Android 12-based One UI 4.1 update from March 15.
March 02, 2022
- Last month, it was reported that Verizon will release the One UI 4.1 update to the Galaxy S21 series devices in late February. However, the Verizon-branded Galaxy S21 phones have not yet received the new One UI 4.1 update so far.
February 22, 2022
- Verizon rep reportedly revealed that the Samsung Galaxy S21 series devices will start getting the One UI 4.1 update by the end of February 2022.
February 9, 2022
- Samsung has now officially launched the Galaxy S22 smartphone lineup, which comes with the latest Android 12-based One UI 4.1 software.
A well-known tipster IceUniverse has claimed that Samsung has begun developing One UI 4.1 on the Galaxy S21 Ultra. He also shared PDA version G998U1UEU5CV4 which implies the US carrier unlocked the Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphone. Source
On January 20, Samsung officially confirmed that the Galaxy S22 series flagship will be launched in February 2022. Therefore, the One UI 4.1 will surely be introduced alongside the upcoming smartphones. Source
It looks like T-Mobile is working on the One UI 4.1 update development on the Galaxy S21 Ultra smartphone, as per the new One UI test build detected by Checkfirm.
— Samsung One UI Updates (@SamsungUpdatess) January 15, 2022
Tipster TheGalox claimed that the One UI 4.1 update will introduce several new features to the Galaxy devices upgraded to Android 12 and One UI version 4.0. Also, it’s said that the 4.1 build will feature improved animations and overall software performance.
It looks like Samsung is preparing to introduce the upgraded variant of the One UI 4.0 – One UI 4.1 very soon. While exploring more and more about the One UI 4.1, senior member of our team spotted that Samsung has updated the Title of the official One UI 4 page to One UI 4.1.
Samsung One UI 4.1 features are here – Advanced Color Palette, Focus Mode, AI, Director’s View and more. Read more here
Samsung will roll out the One UI 4.1 update to the Galaxy S21 Ultra in February 2022. In addition to the Galaxy S21 series, the same treatment will be given to the Galaxy Note 20 series smartphones.
A Samsung rep. informed a consumer that the “Galaxy S21 Ultra product One UI 4.1 software has February 2022 release date.
Currently, Galaxy S21, Note 20 series One UI 4.1 update is in progress, and we ask for your kind understanding as it is difficult to guide One UI 4.1 progress and schedule.”
Tipster TheGalox claimed that the One UI 4.1, based on Android 12, will bring major camera improvements alongside added features for S Pen. At the same time, the upcoming One UI software is said to introduce a better and refined user experience.
This article originally appeared on https://www.sammyfans.com/2022/03/29/samsung-galaxy-s20-android-12-one-ui-4-1-update-status/